Tuesday 30 October 2007

Crib-tastic

If you've never heard of Cribbage, you're missing out.

Crib is a fantastic card game for 2,3 or 4 players. It makes you use/develop your math skills (lots of adding) a fair bit, and that's a good thing.
I've had a great time playing Crib with Mike and Alan down at the Patton St markets on Sundays.
We've been playing over the road at Bell's too. Nice.

Unfotunately, Crib uses a (very nice) specific type of scoring board. Generally it is a flat peice of polished timber with a series of holes up and down the board for each player.
Here's some examples of Cribbage Boards.


So, with no Crib board of my own, I could not play against my housemates. I haven't been able to find one in town (and probably wouldn't have been able to afford it if I had), so I took matters into my own hands.
The problem with trying to make a crib board is that you need materials and tools. I have neither. Nor do I have the finances to acquire such. So, I've made do with the materials and tools available to me.

Here's the results!




Az and I had a couple of games after I made it. He beat me both times. Grr.
By the way, if you're trying to figure it out, those are the prongs from a plastic fork that I've made into pegs.

Find out more about crib here!


Play online here!

Online games against real people here!

No comments: