Sunday 5 August 2007

Radio update

Sorry for not updating earlier about my first shift. I got sick last weekend (a flu thing).
Well, it was about 8:30 pm on Friday night. I was all prepared to go in for my first show. I decided I'd tune in to the guy who was on before me to hear what he was doing.
I was having a bit of trouble finding the station when my phone rang.
It was Alexander (who's show I was trying to tune in) telling me that some circuit breaker had gone off and they wouldn't be able to fix it that night, so I shouldn't bother going in!
Geez! Talk about a let down.

Broadcasting didn't resume until next Thursday, however I got my chance last Friday.
About an hour into the show, I just left the CD playing and went to the bathroom- my flu felt like it was gonna make me puke.
Fortunately I didn't throw up.
Unfortunately, I got the hiccups.
So, from about 10:30 till midnight most of my talking involved me hiccuping and disscussing/trying different ways to rid myself of said hiccups.
Interesting times.

I didn't do Saturday's show, but went to bed early and slept my illness away.

This week fared much better. I did the show on Friday without any hiccups (literal or figurative).
Saturday night saw me introdcing my first "segments":
"Retro-replay" -where I play an old song.
"Word of the day" -random word w/definition & example (this week's word was Jeremiad)
"Number of the day" -random facts about a particular number (largely thanks to Wikipedia)
and my personal fave...
"The 11th at 11" -I play the 11th track from a 'requested' album at precisely 11pm.

As you may have noted in previous comments, Nath may be joining me on air, which will be fun!

2 comments:

Tab said...

interestingly Jewels and Tim called their new son Aaron Jeremiah... think he'll have any melancholy tendencies?

Nath said...

Only if he listens to the radio show on Frday and saturday nights to get to sleep.